Wake Robin is a Life Plan Community (also known as a Continuing Care Retirement Community) that offers a Life Care agreement. It’s a practical way of delivering long-term care insurance.
As a Wake Robin resident, you’ll pay a one-time entrance fee and an ongoing monthly fee. In exchange, Wake Robin promises to provide a home, care, and community for the rest of your life.
You’ll move to Wake Robin when you are able to live independently, and you’ll be able to age in place, right here in the community—no worries about having to make new plans or move if your health needs change. You know you’ll be receiving award-winning nursing care in a community you’ve chosen. And your family doesn’t have to find nursing care in the midst of a health emergency.
“I do not have to worry about my future health—or depending on my family for care. Also, THEY know I am happy and active—and as involved as I want to be.”
– Ann, Writer, Community volunteer, Gardener
Did You Know?
Life Plan Community: Also known as a continuing care retirement community, a Life Plan Community offers a full continuum of care which includes independent living, residential care, memory care, and skilled nursing care.
Life Care: Life Care is a type of agreement, or contract, that provides living accommodations, services and amenities, plus unlimited long-term care with virtually no increase in your monthly fee.
Why Life Care?
70% of people age 65+ will use some type of long-term care services.
(HHS, National Clearinghouse for Long-Term Care Information, 2016)
- You Are in Control. A move to Wake Robin means that you choose your own future and are actively involved in decisions that affect your life — especially those that involve health care.
- You Have a Residence for Life. You’ll live in an apartment or cottage, and receive health care when you need it at Wake Robin’s on-campus Linden Health Center.
- You Have Predictable Costs. Your monthly service fee covers a wide range of amenities and services, maintenance-free living, freedom from property taxes or homeowner’s insurance, and short- or long-term nursing care.
- You Have Peace of Mind. You and your family can be assured that you’ll receive care you need, right here in the community. Spouses, partners, relatives, and friends can remain close because the Linden Health Center is only a few steps away. As a Wake Robin resident, you’ll pay the same monthly fee whether you’re living in an apartment, cottage, or a Linden neighborhood.
- You May Have a Lower Tax Bill. Life Care at Wake Robin has significant tax advantages. More than a third of your entrance and monthly fees may be deducted as medical expenses from your federal income taxes, depending on your circumstances.